backround


Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bring Your Grand Daughter To Work Day

Wednesday morning Kylie and I packed up and headed over to good ole' TxDOT where my mom works. I called my mom when I parked and of course she came running out wanting to hold her to take her in. While I'm trying to get the diaper bag, my purse, keys etc. I look up and Mom and Kylie are gone. "Don't worry about me, Mom, I got it". She was so excited to show off her little grand-daughter. I walk in and there they were surrounded by everyone. She smiled at every person who made a face at her. One of the guys she works with said to me "your Mom is a changed woman, she is always so happy and cheerful. She loves that baby." Was she really that miserable before? KIDDING! We had to go around to every cubicle and show everyone as I followed like a little lost puppy dog. I think I could have stayed at her desk and no one would have known the difference. It made me so happy to see how proud she was of Kylie. She's worked with all these people for 20+ years so they all know everything about us. I loved hearing stories how my mom goes around with the newest picture of Kylie each week to show everyone. She's going to have a the greatest grand-parents ever, just like Ryan and I did. Some of my greatest memories are with my grand-parents, and I can only imagine the future memories she will have with Grandma (Kylie has to pick her name) and Paw Paw (he's obviously decided).

1 comment:

  1. Sooo...Coolio is off the table? Heartbreak! :c) This is a truly adorable picture.

    ReplyDelete